Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

Okaaay.........
So I've been seeing tons of stuff on Facebook about this day. And there was so many thoughts I had, that I just decided to blog about it. Yesterday Caleb and I went to Lancaster, PA and there were people everywhere, on every corner, with tracts and billboards and cars declaring, "Save the date! 5-21-11 Judgement Day www.weCANknow.com"

(Here's a couple of pictures that I managed to snap.)


It was awful. When we saw the web address we busted up laughing and started quoting tons of scriptures and really wished that people were getting just the gospel rather than some obviously un-scriptural pressure. 

would love to drive one of those vans declaring today as Judgement Day...tomorrow. That would be awesome! Poor people :(


We were handed a tract like the one on the left.


(Okay, the credit for these pix go to Google.)


Wow! The pressure was incredible. I felt sorry for some of the passer-bys.



Last night we went to the Sights and Sounds Theater with some friends and this was the point they brought up :)


So...today I visited their website. These poor people or gonna have a lot of words to eat tomorrow. 


I believe that every believer should be ready to go at anytime, whenever. Every day is the Lord's day. And for some people, today might be the day they are called to their eternal home, but we never know when its our turn. (Matt. 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.") And as one of my friends said: "Even if Jesus were planning to return today, I think he'd wait another day or so just to make a point." Amen!
So now you know my thoughts (and others'). Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment