Sunday, June 26, 2011

Headed up to Colorado

Ok people. I know its been like forever since I last posted. I know, I know. I probably missed it more than y'all missed my random nothings.
Anyway, we've been in Colorado for almost two weeks now. I have been busy trying to settle, temporarily. We have had no other internet except for our phones, and we all know what a joke it is to try and blog on phones, at least it is on mine. And I didn't even have a computer to due drafts on, most of the time, because Caleb's family had our laptop. Ok, I'm sure you're not reading this to hear me complain, good 'cause I wasn't!
On the way up here, I started a draft, then never got around to publishing it due to the lack of time and internet. But I thought you might like to read it anyway:
(June 13, Mon.)
Yesterday we had one last day in Texas before heading to Colorado. We went to church, and Caleb gave the message. He’s done it quite a bit in the past, but not for awhile, and I’ve never heard him speak in a church. He did very good. I was impressed ;)
After church, we went to my folks house for lunch. Luke and Victoria came over and ate with us. After lunch, Joe Z. and Carla came we visited, hung out and played music-very fun.
We left for Colorado around 6pm.
Around 4am, driving through New Mexico, we came to a road block due to a wild fire on the border of CO and NM. Thus, a very long detour awaited us because several roads were blocked.
About 5:15 this morning, I woke up to a jolt and Caleb slowing the car down. We had just hit a deer…
And that, dear friends, is as far as I got. Pitiful, right? I will try to complete it.
The car was pretty banged up, but fared better than the deer, who ran about 10 yards and keeled over :(
   
The hood was bent in half, the radiator messed up, the right head-light busted and it was hard to open the passenger door.

Caleb yanked on the front fender and got the door to open, then he jumped on the hood to flatten it enough so it wasn't blocking his view.


 After he messed with the engine for a while, mainly the radiator, we limped on up to Grand Jct. We were able to drive it but had to be very careful not to let it over-heat. Going over a mountain pass, we had to open the windows all the way and turn the heater on full blast to keep it from over-heating. Apparently, that wasn't quite enough because we still had to stop and let it cool down at the top. (Don't ask me how that works-running a heater to cool the engine-but it does.)

We stopped in Gunnison, CO at a pizza place, and had some awesome over filling baked-ziti. We got to Grand Jct. around 9pm.
Ez stayed here for a little over a week, then went back to Tx. last Wednesday. It was fun to have her here.
Caleb needed to up-grade his phone, so Ez and I went with him to check out the phones and we all left the store with a new phone. Caleb got some Google Android, and Ez and I got the Samsung Epic Android. I really like it. However, it won't let me blog and I can't tether it to the laptop for internet-one of the main reasons we got it :(
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment