Monday, September 12, 2011

Back-packing & Tx trips + B-day stuff

We went back-packing with Caleb's family. We tried to bring our camera, but it didn't quite work out :/
So while we were up at the campsite, I used one of his sisters cameras. Long story short, all the pictures got erased off her memory card...
We did manage to get some with Caleb's cell. Not really very good, but anyway...

Caleb and his brother built a little underground storage area while we were up there. They have always stored things up there in the trees, but they wanted something better.
Since the pictures were taken with Caleb's phone, they are all of me, and not very flattering. Lol!

I helped dig a little.


Me, on the way back out. You can definitely tell I'm tired.

Last weekend Caleb and I drove down to Texas with a load of peaches. We left early Friday morning and after stopping in Oklahoma for about 6 hours to drop 70 boxes with one of Caleb's former students. We arrived at my folks place 36 hours later.

We celebrated Ez and my birthdays.
Mom and Grandma Lana (her mom) made this awesome cake for us. It's layers of chocolate with mint chocolate ice cream. Delicious!!


Some random pix from our brief visit...

 



 Sunday, while we were at church, my parents' freezer door blew off in the strong winds from the cold front that blew through. Mom is browning some of the ground meat. (A lot of it was thawed by the time they found it.)

Here is some of the peaches we brought down, with some of the thawed fruit from the freezer.

When we got back from visiting relatives, this is how we found Dad :)

 Friday night I had my own little birthday party here at Starbucks :)
Yummm...

Sunday, Caleb's mom made lasagna and had the grandparents over for my birthday. My nieces are crawling and sitting up!!!!!!! Aren't they cute?! (Poor things, they were so tired.)

Speaking of the twins...on the way to the place to park when we back-packed, we all met at a park. Even Justin and Natanyah, because they weren't going with us.
I managed to get this adorable picture of Hannah laughing. (That's Anna holding her.)
I know, it's poor quality. Thank my phone. Lol!

Until next time...
Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment